Monday 10 October 2011

Of superheros and villans


Isn’t it sad how we slave away at work while life passes us by? I was sitting and reflecting on how fast my first 30 years flew by and just what I achieved in that time span.

The majority of people are really very helpful and eager to help other people in need. Some people like to help the less fortunate, some endeavour to enrich our life’s just by supporting us and some make a tangible change in our futures. Unfortunately there are the villains in life that just could not care to help anyone. The only person that comes to mind is themselves. I do not want elaborate  on these people as I do not think that they need any exposure.

I want to celebrate the real heroes in life. Our sponsors. The ones who helped us get where we are. If you are someone who are proud of just how hard you had to work to get where you are, then you would know who I am talking about.

I thank my parents, my school teachers even though they gave me so much homework. I salute my first boss who gave me a chance to cut my teeth in the grown up world. My friends who listened and just hanged out with me. I cannot forget to mention all my ex girlfriends. If it was not for them, then I would not have known what not to look for in a woman. I thank my wife for all those long evenings that she had to wait for me to come home from work.

I am sure there are plenty more to mention but you get the just of it. We seldom think of how the closest people are our recipe to success. We always salute the great minds of science and freedom, but we should really thank our closest of friends and family.

One last gratitude goes out to all my enemies and people that wanted to cheat me out of a better position at work or life. If it was not for them, then I would not have learnt to push ahead no matter what. We are all potential waiting to be exposed. Noting should stop you from achieving what we aim for.
Your goal is limited by your persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment