Friday 14 October 2011

Robotisim

Go to university, get a degree, get a job, climb the corporate ladder, get married, buy a house with white picket fences, get a baby, get another one, send the children to university, retire....DIE.

We are pre programmed to perform a rhetoric life. It is always assumed we will all follow a chain of events in life that forms the norm. This method of thinking is referred to as robotisim. Yes it is not a word in the dictionary but I just coined it. We are full of potential but we allow ourselves to be dictated to and programmed by other people.

Look at kingdoms. The people allowed themselves in the Middle Ages to get dictated to by a single person called a king. The only reason why the king had such immense power was because the people allowed him to have the power. We have plenty of kings amongst us in this day and age. We see ourselves as inferior and not worthy of being our own kings, thus we get dictated by individuals.

I call upon all robots to dethrone the monarchies and embrace humanity. Why do you have to have 2 babies, and retire at 65? There is a glitch in this logic. Take for example people who cannot support themselves. They are married and because they are programmed to have 2 babies, they do exactly that. Thus their children inherit poverty and the same flawed logic that is passed on by their parents.

I trust you can appreciate my point that I am bringing across here. I cannot see much logic in life today. It is almost like we live to die. How much of the world remains unseen because we work our whole lives? We all basically have the same goals in life and the same structures in life.  This is true robotisim. Why is it that the pattern repeats itself over and over? Live work die, live work die. We have to re-invent ourselves. I have mentioned this before but Perhaps we do not look introspectively at ourselves to explore other ventures. My career is programming, but yet my desire is writing and exploring different facets of life. I earn a living with programming, but that does not have to be my source of income for ever. I have the power to change my live to how I want to live it. If I do not challenge myself and these unwritten norms that everyone conforms to, then I am suffering from Robotisim myself. I like to be an individual. A unique person that stands out from the rest.

Perhaps you have a flair for something but do not phantom it to be part of your life due to circumstances.. what is stopping you to get closer to living your dreams? Finances, time? Work on it.. become an inspiration to yourself and try to better your situation. Use your mind and stop following the rest of the robot clan. One step at a time. Eventually you will be who you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment