Monday 21 November 2011

The price of living Life


It is not often that I get to just wander around in a shopping mall or go catch a movie on a weekday during business hours. It almost feels surreal and as if I am bunking school. I look at the other people hard at work and I get a glance of their day to day jobs.

Having the day off is something that I cannot explain. Yes I can have it really bad and be confined in a factory having to do hard labour every day, but I am not so I really should already be happy to go to work every day and sit in an air-conditioned office.  However I actually do have a point to make here and I am not just rambling some nonsense.

Have you ever just thought about what life is about? No, no.. Not the whole meaning of life speech, but what is it all about? We work our whole life’s and only get to live it when we are retired (average retiring age is about 65 – 70). We can’t go climb Mount Everest then, we can’t go on that crazy hiking expedition. What is the use of living your entire life working and not really living?

We have so much to see around us in everyday life. How nice is it not to just take a drive to the beach late morning? Or waking up early and enjoying a picnic until 9am and then go have a nap.

These might sound stupid little things but it is different for each person. I am trying to prove a point here and that is that we are all slaves. The real price of living life is only paid in full when we are too old to enjoy it. We have to put aside our desires to want to break the endless routine of working sunrise to sunset and missing out on OUR life’s just so we can stay breathing. Most of us enrich other people and those people actually retire young, or they can afford to live their lives as they want.

I always think of just how I can break free from this heavy price tag, but alas... we all have to pay it. So unless I invent a new best selling device that makes me an instant millionaire, my price for living life is unfortunately my life. We shall eat our daily bread by the sweat of our brows.

Sorry if this was not very motivating, it was not my intention to dishearten you but rather to open your eyes and see that there is so much more in life. Instead of always just going to work and earning a salary, try to aspire to become greater that your current circumstances. Never give up on rising above the price you have to pay to finally live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment