Tuesday 1 November 2011

Passion


For me there are few words that accentuate it like passion does.


I do realise that there can be various connotations tied to this word but let’s concentrate on a select few. I assume that the first thing that comes to mind when people mention this word is commitment. For fear that I sound like a walking thesaurus, I will not elaborate on the meaning.
One thing I do however want to talk about concerning this word is my perception. I love this word. If I could envisage it as a mental image, I would depict it as a red round cherry in the blue sky. Yes I know it is not exactly very spectacular nor what you would expect, bearing in mind that it is one of my favourite words.
I tend to think that the most successful people are extensions of passion. To me personally I would define it as the endless pursuit of perfection to fulfil ones heart desires. Passion can lead a person to take uncalculated risks. It leads to rash decisions that can change lives. Whether it is to enrich one or to uplift the fellow man, it is what drives most people to push boundaries.
A man filled with passion is not just an unstoppable force but a weapon that can devastate. It is a force to be reckoned with when placed in the wrong hands. I do think that more people use this driving force to enrich themselves. I wish there are more charitable individuals that harbours a strong degree of passion towards the poor, the social failures, the fallen and the aspiring. Passion is a drug that will consume you.
Decide what you want to apply it to because it will envelop you and change you. I hope and trust that anyone who digests these words will reverberate with love and compassion towards an equal benefit to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment